- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident’s needs.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living (ADL) bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating and oral care, as listed on the residents Service Plan.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the Community, including detailed understanding of each resident’s unique interests, hobbies, history and personal preferences in order to provide exemplary service.
- Promptly respond to resident requests.
- Maintain compliance with all departmental record keeping requirements.
- Reports any needed repairs of community-owned property to the Director of Nursing, Care Coordinator or Wellness Director.
- Intervenes in situations involving unsafe or inadequate care and reports immediately to the Director of Wellness.
- Promptly answers emergency call system, telephone and paging systems.
- Participates in all scheduled team member meetings, and other community-wide team member meetings as requested.
- Participates in voluntary and mandatory on-going education and in-service training.
- Uses effective verbal and non-verbal communication to present information in a positive and non-threatening way.
- Responds effectively to resident behavior. Uses supportive communication in resident interactions including effective communication skills with residents who Gables Management, Inc.have sensory deficits.
- Observes and reports resident physical and emotional condition changes, using
appropriate terminology and abbreviations.
- Applies non-sterile bandages/dressings and applies anti-embolism stockings (TED
hose) or tubi grips.
- Cares for cognitively impaired residents Demonstrates an understanding and support of Resident Rights.
- Provides basic emergency care as determined by the emergency needs of the
residents by providing basic first aid.
- Performs and completes assignments with established procedures and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Shall have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English
- Positive and energetic attitude
- Possesses clear verbal and written communication skills
- Possess sufficient computer skills to be able to print documents and enter
information into resident records.
- Mature interpersonal skills to work effectively with co-workers.
- Providing quality care to residents.
- Must be criminally cleared.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned
tasks. Good physical health and free from tuberculosis. Must have a health
screening performed by a physician not more than thirty (30) days prior to or seven(7) days following employment.
- Must have dependable transportation and be able to work varying hours as needed.